Judiciary Integrated Financial Management System (JIFMS) Information & Vendor Action Required
Effective May 9, 2016, all District of Maryland Federal Court agencies (U.S. District Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, U.S. Probation & Pretrial Services Office, and Federal Public Defender’s Office) upgraded their financial system. This upgrade provides a benefit to you by expediting processing of your invoices and payments, which will be electronically disbursed by U.S. Treasury.
In order for any new vendors to be added into the new financial system, one of the following options must be executed.
Option 1 (Recommended) - Vendor SAM and IPP Registration
Registration in SAM and IPP is a 3-step process. The necessary actions are listed below and include links to the necessary websites and instructions.
Register for a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) Number: If you do not have a DUNS number, one can be requested at no charge at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform.
If you already have a DUNS number, please email your business name and DUNS number to email@example.com
Register and recertify annually in the System for Award Management (SAM): This will ensure you receive electronic payments quickly and accurately. Registering in SAM allows you the ease to manage, update, and make changes to your name, address, contact and banking information without interrupting any payments within the United States Judiciary. There is no fee to register.
- Instructions for registering for SAM: click here
- When you have completed the registration process, please notify us via email and include your DUNS number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register with the Invoice Processing Platform (IPP): IPP Registration will allow you to check the status of your U.S. Treasury payments and to receive email notifications of payments and remittance information. There is no fee to register. IPP provides a number of other benefits to federal judiciary vendors as well, including:
- Greater visibility into payment transaction data and documents
- Self-service features to quickly answer your payment-related questions
- Ability to better manage cash flow projections
Instructions for registering for IPP: click here
Once a DUNS number is obtained and registration in SAM is complete, your payments will be made via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using bank routing and account numbers you registered in SAM, and you will no longer be issued payment via U.S. Treasury check.
Option 2 - Manual Entry for FPD Vendors ONLY (independent contractors/experts)
FPD vendors who are independent contractors (typically retained experts) that opt not to register in SAM may request manual entry into JIFMS by completing a vendor information form (AO213). A copy of the form is attached below. The form must be filled out in its entirety (including banking information) and signed by the vendor. Please return the completed form directly to email@example.com
NOTE - Please keep in mind that if you are manually entered into the JIFMS database, it will be your responsibility to update the information on the form as necessary and inform the FPD office of any changes so that the record can be updated. Failure to do so may result in payments being disbursed to an erroneous bank account and will result in payment delays.